Happy (belated) New Year! We might be a bit late for New Year’s resolutions, but we do have some big plans for Side Project in 2015.
Last year we published our debut issue after months of planning, writing, photographing and promoting with a big launch party. It’s been quite a process, but we’ve learned a lot that will make future issues much easier to put together and hopefully even more awesome for our readers.
Here’s a few things to look forward to from us this year:
- 4 new issues for the year – Issue 2 is already well underway, and contributors are starting to be pencilled in for later ones as well. If you have an idea for a creative tutorial or article, please get in touch – we’d love to hear from you!
- More blog content – We’re still finding our feet with regular posts, but you can expect more behind the scenes info and bonus content here on the blog this year.
- More stockists – Side Project zine may soon be coming to a cool little store near you! We’re chatting to a few places, but if you know of a store that a crafty indie publication might feel at home in, please let us know. We’d love to work with stockists anywhere in Australia (or even beyond!) so our zine can reach even more creative people.
- Side Project stationery – Still very hush-hush, but we’re in the planning stages of creating some beautiful stationery featuring artwork by the team, potentially with collaborations with other artists down the track.
- Levelling up – The biggest, fingers-crossed plan for 2015 is to work our way up to a point where Side Project can be upgraded to a bigger, better format. More pages, more excellent content, more copies and lovely perfect binding are all on the wishlist. But we’ll need your help to get us there – every copy of the zine purchased, every encouraging tweet, Instagram or Facebook comment helps us get closer to our goal.
Looking back, we’ve come a long way since that first meeting. With almost all copies of Issue 1 sold and a lot of great feedback from our lovely readers, Side Project has been a great success so far. A huge thank you from the team from everyone who has supported us so far, and we hope you’ll stick with us for the exciting year ahead!